Hey everyone! I've been working on my about page lately and these are some of the things that I thought up while figuring out how to summarize myself. I'd love to hear some facts about you as well, and learn about anything we may have in common :)
1. I've always wanted to work at an ice cream shop - When I first moved away to go to college, I applied to work at Coldstone Creamery, and I was convinced I would get the job. I'm not exactly sure why, but that seemed like a dream opportunity at the time. I filled out my online application and awaited the day when they'd call me and offer me the position. That day never came, and thus I will always wonder if mixing Reece's cups into cake batter ice cream and singing for tips was my true calling.
2. I'm addicted to game shows - It's my dream to be a contestant on Family Feud. I kick ass at some Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I've made Wheel of Fortune my bitch. Deal or No Deal is no question. I set the prices on The Price is Right. So suck it, Trebek!
3. I never learned how to ride a bike - Yes, you read that right. Bike riding is something I have never done, but I'm not all that sad about it. If I can walk somewhere, I'll do that. I actually bought a bike last year, then failed at my first attempt of riding it, and promptly sold it on Craigslist. I used that money to put gas in my car, my preferred method of transportation.
4. I'm kind of a chocolate snob - Dark chocolate is the only kind for me. I will pass on milk or white chocolate 90% of the time. I'm not entirely sure why I'm not a huge fan of the lighter chocolates, but if that means more chocolate for everybody else and none for me, I'm okay with that. Everyone else seems to be more than okay with that too. I'll stick with the dark stuff. This rule is lifted in the presence of nuts or wafer. I can kill some Nutella, Peanut M&Ms, Ferrero Rocher, or Kit Kats like nobody's business.
5. I'm obsessed with Tudor England and The Roaring 20s. Those two eras have nothing to do with each other, but historically they just seem like such cool time periods. I've watched any and every single movie, documentary, and television series that Netflix has to offer on these topics. I yell at the TV when they get facts wrong, it's pretty bad. If I had a pass to go back in time, would totally visit those years. The fashion, the language, the intrigue! I think Anne Boleyn was a total badass, minus the beheading (poor girl), and I'd love to go to a Gatsby-style speakeasy party someday.
6. I've always wanted to try stand up comedy but I'm such a chicken. Maybe some day I'll get around to getting up on stage and telling some jokes. Let's be honest, I would just talk about things that make me mad and some stories about really bad dates I've been on.
7. My "biggest fears" are kind of weird - I'm not afraid of spiders or snakes like a lot of people. I'm most afraid of heights and parasites (hey, a rhyme!) and bridges aren't really my thing either. I do get a tiny bit spooked in the dark, but that's only because of my irrational fear of the under-the-bed-ankle-grab thing from like every horror movie ever.
8. I've had a ton of jobs - I've worked at an Antique Mall, Macy's, Sephora, Panera Bread, I've interned for a Graphic Design firm, and for the past two years I've been a nanny. I enjoyed most of these jobs, though I only worked at Sephora seasonally (black friday through Christmas of 2012) and at Panera for a few months (it got too much to handle with school.) I eventually plan to teach or work in PR, but who knows how many jobs I'll have until then.
9. I grew up on a farm, and that means I've always been around tons of animals. Two dogs, two cats, nine horses, a few fish, and a countless number of cows. I've done my fair share of farm work and have some pretty crazy stories when it comes raising and caring for animals. I've been pooped on by basically any farm animal you can think of.
10. There's a pretty good chance I'm related to Edgar Alan Poe - My great-grandmother's maiden name was Poe, and there are a few records we found that link back to him. Since he had no children, I'm definitely not a direct descendant of any kind. If anything, he's a very distant cousin of mine. It's still really cool to think about!
What are some random facts about you?
Let me know in the comments!