Wow, it's the end of May already, I can hardly believe it! Even though it seemed to fly by so fast, May has definitely been my most busy month so far this year. It's been crazy! So much happened, but a lot of it was awesome!
I've broken my favorites up into categories, and I'll talk about each thing and what part it played in my month of May! Without further ado, here are a few of my favorite things this month!
- Like always, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara was on my eyelashes all month.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumière - you can win one here!
- Nose strips - You know those things that you rip off of your nose and you get really grossed out? Haha, I used up the last of my stash this month and it was crazy to see just how much junk winds up in those pores. Now it's time to hunt for a cruelty free pore strip!
- Mossimo (Target) Straight Leg Jeans - they're so comfy, and they fit really nicely. I need like 20 more pairs.
- Tops and / or shorts with little pom poms on them - They look like total festival fashion (yawn) but they're so cute! Have no idea what I'm talking about? Here's an example from Etsy.
- 70's style wedges - I got my hands on a pair of Korkease wedges and I am obsessed (no way in HECK did I pay full price, hello eBay!) They kind of look like something your mom wore in the 70's, but they're so cute and comfy.
- Call me a freak, but I think Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is better than Nutella. I almost didn't say that, because it's twice as expensive, but honestly it's so good. It tastes real, and it better, for like $75 bucks a jar (I kid.) It's supposedly better for you as well. Who knows.
- Cava Mezze Grill is my newest obsession. My roommate Grace turned me onto it, and I've been dying to go back. They just built one down the street from me, so I'm in luck. Cava is like Chipotle, but for Mediterranean food. You can get rice bowls, pitas, salads, etc, and then add stuff like tabbouleh, hummus, tzatziki sauce, and so much more. It's amazing.
- This is gonna sound weird, but I've been on a Cottage Cheese kick. Don't judge. Cottage Cheese is way better than it sounds.
- Also, the S'Mores Frappuccino was amazing, but I don't think I'll drink another one. So sugary!
TV & Movies:
- I'm currently re-watching United States of Tara after like two years. I totally forgot how much I loved that show. So good. If you have Netflix, it's a must-see.
- Stand Up Comedy Specials have also been my thing this month. I watched like 12 of them in the space of a week. Oops.
- Silence of the Lambs - I watched this with my roommate for the first time a few weeks ago. I totally thought I would hate it, but I totally dug it. And my favorite thing was when Hannibal said "I'm having an old friend for dinner..." so punny.
- My BFF Emily and I went to the Montpelier Wine Festival and tasted some great wines and some amazing food!
- One of my best friends, Le'Andra graduated from college this month! And now she has a new job. So exciting! So proud! (I also took her grad photos, such beauty!)
- I threw another one of my best friends a Bachelorette Party this weekend. It was a hoot!
- My dad and I went Kayaking last week, and even though I got sunburnt pretty bad, it was really fun. A good workout too!
- I got to cuddle with my cat Licorice a ton this month, which made me really happy.
- The Bath & Body Works Watermelon Lemonade candle smells SO good. I have almost burned the whole thing in the space of a couple weeks.
- I got my hands on a KitchenAid Food Processor and made some tasty things. Recipes to come!
- I've been listening to the Jenna & Julien Podcast a ton this month. It was a really random find, featuring Jenna Marbles and her boyfriend. My favorites are when they discuss things like conspiracy theories or their childhoods.
and finally, my Unfavorites:
- Finals Week - This is self explanatory, but finals week totally blows. May would've been a lot better without them.
- Working so much - I spent a LOT of time working during May, which is both a good and a bad thing. My job can be really fun, but there's less "me" time when I'm spending all of it working. I felt like I never got a chance to sit down.
- Health Stuff - This past month I found out my adrenal system is out of whack, due to stress and hormones not doing what they're supposed to because of a disorder called PCOS. It hasn't been fun, but I've been taking steps to help myself along. Maybe I'll delve deeper into this in a future post if any of you are interested in hearing about it.
What were some of your favorite moments from the past month?
Are any of these things also on your favorites list?