I am notoriously bad at studying. As much as I try, I never seem to be able to do it successfully. I can get myself all prepared to study, and spend two hours working without actually getting anything done. Three years of college down and I've still not figured out the best method for myself to retain information. It all depends on the class, and it feels like my grades are often actually pre-determined by some sort of big scary beast that I have no control over.
Of course I know that an education is nothing to take for granted, and that you should work as humanly possible to make the most of it. That being said, below are my study tips. Take them with a grain of salt and use them at your own risk.
- Open a book.
- Stare at the book.
- Attempt to absorb knowledge from said book through skin contact (
falling asleep on it)
- Take a practice quiz online.
- Use google to find the answers to the quiz.
- Be proud of yourself for passing the quiz, you did it!.
- Don't forget to use Tumblr, Pinterest and Facebook when class gets particularly boring.
- Rely on sheer memory from the lectures. Ever heard of throwing sh*t at a wall?
- Attend study groups with friends.
- Convince everyone to chip in for pizza and watch YouTube videos instead.
- Walk into your test with your head held high. Tell yourself "I got this."
- If you don't know an answer, guess. If you're like me, guessing may be your best bet.
- When in doubt, pick C.
- Some teachers give points for extra sassy answers, so make sure you never leave anything blank.
- Take your grade in stride. If you passed, good for you!
- If not, treat yourself to some ice cream and a movie, it was a hard day!
- Swear you'll study harder next time.
- When "next time" comes around, repeat steps 1-17.
- Remember that anything is better than a zero.
What are your study tips?
Anyone have similar study habits?