I've been talking about updating my space with a kind of midcentury modern feel, along with natural colors and elements to bring out some extra calm. It's been a challenge to de-clutter my space, but I'm getting there slowly but surely. Featured are some of my favorite items, including some of my own artwork and pieces from craft fairs and lovely online shops!
To update my Ikea kallax shelving unit, I used this DIY. I definitely recommend following the instructions (though I didn't put a back on my shelf like she did.) When I started out, I made the mistake of just trying to drill holes in the unit and not use the hardware plates from the tutorial. The hardware makes it so much easier!
- brown glazed planter (similar) - HomeGoods
- blue striped vase - Target
- plant - variegated rubber tree
- silver "Newport" frame - Framebridge
- cat portrait - The Paper Gnome
- hammered copper frame (similar) - Michael's
- Shia LaBeouf Quote Print - Handmade (will be in my shop shortly!)
- lovers print - Colin Frangicetto Art
- Lichtenstein inspired comic painting - painted myself
- "Margot" wax warmer - Scentsy
- paintbrush holder - vintage find
- woven basket - craft show find (similar)
- floral basket - Target (old)
- labradorite stones - purchased at various gemstone expos
Are you thinking of updating your space?
What's your favorite style of decor?